Translate

Sunday, June 26, 2022

The Paper Players #597

 It's time for a new challenge #597 at The Paper Players! It's a sketch challenge this week and I love playing with sketches! Seeing as it's been super hot here, my card had to have a cooling off feature, lol. How about a kayak on the water?


I thoroughly enjoyed taking a literal approach to the sketch and making a masculine (or not) birthday card. I snipped out the kayak, colored it in with colored pencils and placed it on a white rectangle. I stamped the sentiment, the circles and fish as accents also using the Adventurous Journey stamp set from Stampin' Up!  The circle patterns were stamped onto white card stock using Dapper Denim ink and the Bold Prints Circle Patterns stamp from Hero Arts. 


I kept this very very simple and easy to make. I can't wait to see how you will be inspired with the sketch! Hope you're staying cool, make it a great day! 

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  



12 comments:

Jennie Maier said...

Cindy, what a great masculine card with the sketch! Cool and clean and cute! Have a great week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Cindy, this is a great masculine card! I love this scene and would love to be in this kayak on a hot Georgia day! Super fun!

Leslie Miller said...

Many of my kayaking friends are women so I know this card can go either way. I love the rather graphic look of it with the clean lines and limited color palette.

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific masculine card, Cindy and a fabulous take on the sketch!

TeresaC said...

Super card, Cindy!!

Christy Lynn said...

Very fun card, Cindy! I love the little fish accents!

Linda Callahan said...

What a cool design! Love the image!

laurie said...

Love this! I can think of lots of people who would love this card...so fun!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love your clean masculine card Cindy - so wonderfully outdoorsy!

Ann Schach said...

What a cute, masculine card, Cindy! This kayak image is awesome. The swirls give the illusion of swirling water...I LOVE it!

Jaydee said...

What a great masculine card, Cindy. I love the colors and I love that swirled paper behind your focal image. Just perfect
hugs
jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a fun card, Cindy! I just received this stamp set and this is lovely inspiration to ink it up. So perfect with the sketch!