Translate

Sunday, April 17, 2022

April Showers for The Paper Players

 Hello and Happy Easter!

It's my last chance to use this beautiful image from Spring Day (Penny Black). While not specifically an Easter card, it is definitely seasonal. It was the first thing I thought of when I saw The Paper Players Challenge #587 beginning today called April Showers. 

It is hosted by Claire and is a Clean and Simple Challenge. I kept my layers and embellishments minimal and did just a bit of color blocking for interest. 


The image takes center stage, stamped in Warm Wool ink (WPlus9). It's a fav of mine when I want a soft outline and it can withstand water for coloring. I used Copics today, and added - you guessed it - a butterfly with a pearl. 

Hope makes our lives a little brighter is my favorite sentiment from the faith.hope.love transparent stamps also by Penny Black. Thanks so very much for visiting today. I hope to see your take on the challenge in the gallery!

I am adding this to the challenge at Fusion to use tulips, as featured in the photo. I also want to add this to the Penny Black Saturday challenge, Anything Goes or Easter.


 Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  




12 comments:

Ann Schach said...

What a sweet image, Cindy! It's so perfect for an Easter Sunday challenge! The coloring is beautiful, and I love the soft yellow backdrop. Have a wonderful week!

laurie said...

that is a beautiful image and colored perfectly too!

Claire Broadwater said...

Cindy, this is gorgeous! I love all the pretty eggs and the gorgeous Spring flowers. You rocked my challenge this week, thank yoU!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your pretty spring flowers and Easter eggs Cindy and with your message of hope just perfect for Easter Sunday and the challenge too! You card is so fresh and pretty - a CAS triumph!

Linda Callahan said...

This is so pretty - perfect spring colors! Delightful scene! Hope you had a nice Easter!

Leslie Miller said...

It's a truly beautiful and cheerful card with the most uplifting sentiment. Love the soft yellow and your coloring is so pretty! You always make me feel like stamping as your cards are such a delight!

Christy Lynn said...

Beautiful spring card, Cindy! I love the soft colors you used for your image and how the oval shape mimics the eggs on the image.

Lisa Elton said...

A perfect spring card, Cindy and so pretty!

Celeste Goff said...

Love this pretty card! Perfect for April and Easter!!

LeAnne said...

Such a gorgeous image for the challenge, and beautifully colored, as you usually do! Love the background as well!

Jaydee said...

CIndy, what a fabulous Easter image and you colored it beautifully. I love that sentiment, too!
hugs
jaydee

Helen said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x