Translate

Sunday, March 13, 2022

A Color Challenge for The Paper Players #582

 Hello stamping friends, I hope your weekend is going well. Sunday means a new challenge at The Paper Players and I am jumping right in with a slim line card made using the challenge colors. 

I'm still practicing with my Glimmer Hot Foil machine and liking the results but NOT the photos, if I can be so honest. I loved the inspirational message foiled in gold, but during my edit in order for it to really show up in the photo my white panel looks grayish.  Sorry.



Joanne has gorgeous colors for us to work with today! I added the hues with stencils after foiling the flowers and leaves in gold. The fab thing about the coordinating stencils, foil plate and dies is that all four flower images can be foiled and die cut in one swoop making it so so easy. 



The new-to-me products that I love are listed below. Joining in at NBUS, here I come! 

I hope you have a wonderful day. I'm going to celebrate the Light I've been given, today and keep looking for it. These are dark times but there is hope. 

 Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  









Foil plates: Spellbinders Faith Glimmer Sentiments; Pinkfresh Studio - Brighter Days Glimmer Hot Foil Plates, coordinating dies and Layering Stencils.

16 comments:

Isabel Z said...

What a beautiful card that will brighten someone's day. Perfect for spring!

Linda Callahan said...

The gold foil is so glam! You are great at it! Gorgeous card!

TeresaC said...

Beautiful Cindy!! Love your colors and design!! :)

Maria said...

A beautiful card with lovely flowers and pretty bow! Love the gold sentiment, too!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Cindy! The foiling is absolutely stunning...and so is the bow. I completely understand about photographing the sentiment. I have problems photographing dry embossed backgrounds, glimmer paper, and just regular foil paper. lol What a perfect use of the challenge colors! Have a wonderful week!

Jennie Maier said...

Oooh Cindy this is soooo pretty! Great job with the colors on the flowers! And that gold foil is so elegant. Pretty card! Have a great week!

laurie said...

Bright and cheery and oh so pretty!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful work with these colors and the gorgeous Pinkfresh products. I'm a Pinkfresh fan, for sure. Your card looks fabulous in the photo to my eyes. I think the colors, stamps, and gold are stunning, but I know it always looks better in real life. I can imagine the white and it must be brilliant!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the pretty colors and the foiled sentiment

Cindy H. said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! You used the challenge colors to their full advantage - love your card!

Claire Broadwater said...

WOW! I love your foiling, I haven't attempted that technique, but you sure make it shine! Such a gorgeous card! Your bow is PERFECT, too! I need a lesson on bow making! You rocked this challenge!

Darnell said...

You are tempting me with this beautiful card, Cindy! I love the designs I'm seeing and what that Glimmer Gizmo can do, but I don't know ...

I think we all understand how hard it is to properly capture shimmer and schparkle in a photo without all the other colors (especially white) turning out weird. But, honestly, it's gorgeous in the photo and such a lovely use of the colors. That perfect bow is the icing! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Christy Lynn said...

I bet the gold foiling looks amazing in person! Shiny things are so hard to photograph, and it never looks the same way it does in person. Still, I love the touch of gold on your spring bouquet!

LeAnne said...

Your photo is perfect! It shows off this gorgeous sunny creation as well as the foiled sentiment in just the right light! Beautiful!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Photographing metallics can be tricky but I think you show the foiled detail beautifully Cindy - combined with the bright, fresh colours and that fabulous ribbon and bow this is a beautiful slimline card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Just gorgeous, Cindy! Now I need to look into a foil machine because the results are absolutely stunning! What a wonderful way to showcase the colors. WOW!