Translate

Sunday, February 20, 2022

WILD about Wildlife Paper Players #579

 A happy welcome to my blog, it's Sunday! Ann has a fabulous new challenge for us at The Paper Players!

Clean and simple is always fun! Not always simple though, I think it takes me longer to figure out exactly which elements to use with this style.  I loved pulling out this super cute giraffe, and coloring him with Copic markers and a white gel pen.  



Believe it or not, deciding on the jungle leaves - took me three tries to find the ones that looked right! I added tiny splatters in black to tie in with the sentiment. 


When it was all done I took a chance and added a hand drawn frame with my black pen. A simple touch. An imperfection. It's OK with me, that's why making handmade is special! 


Can't wait to see what you will make, bring some wild into your life and join us! Thanks for your visit today, hope you have a great week. 

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  



Stamps used: Portrait Pals (and dies)  and Park Play by Hello Bluebird, Octagon dies and leaves are from WPlus9 Autumn Leaves and dies.

11 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Cindy! I love the touch of blue behind this cute little giraffe. It really sets off the image perfectly. The speckling on the leaves is a wonderful touch, and truly does tie in the black sentiment, as does your hand drawn frame. I LOVE everything about this card! You hit this one out of the park, and made my challenge shine. Have an awesome week!

Leslie Miller said...

I absolutely love the look of your card! It's just the right amount of CAS to my eyes. I'm never quite sure what qualifies, but this looks perfect to me. Love the stamps, your coloring, the blue... just the utter joy of it all!

laurie said...

Wow this is an awesome card! I love how you did the leaves and that giraffe is colored so well!

Jennie Maier said...

Cindy, this is too cute! Great job coloring and love that hand drawn frame-it's finishes it off just right! Have a great week!

Lisa Elton said...

I think you found the perfect leaves for her to peek her head through! This is so cute, Cindy!

Linda Callahan said...

well this guy is adorable! Cute!

Christy Lynn said...

Your giraffe is amazingly adorable, Cindy! I'm in awe of your shading :)

Claire Broadwater said...

Cindy, this is SOOOO fun! I love your giraffe and the sentiment! Your leaves are so fabulous! Great shading! Have a great weekend!

LeAnne said...

This is amazing! The giraffe alone would be cute, but your coloring is superb and the black accents really make it stand out! Cute background too!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love your sweet giraffe Cindy - and those splattered leaves and bright blue hexagon are perfect! Perfect for a bestie to say hi!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oh my goodness, Cindy! Giraffes are my favorite and this little one is SO cute! As always, your coloring really brings the image to life, especially against that clean background. Love it!