Translate

Thursday, December 16, 2021

Time Out Challenges! What inspires YOU?

 Hello, hello! Hope things are going well for you today! I have two posts in the loop, so be sure to check further for the other one. 

I have the honor of being a Guest Designer at Time Out Challenges, and you will love what they have for you today! Make a card or project that goes with the theme of Inspiration. What inspires you?

There were so many ways I could go with this, but once I chose the stamps it was easy. I'm inspired by nature, sunsets, and acts of kindness. 


Our lot is wooded, our neighborhood is rural and out our windows we frequently see deer! Just this week we saw an 8 point buck inside our back fence, and later a herd of 10 coming alongside the house at the edge of the woods. They nibble at the maple near our front door. That is NOT cute!


Since the challenge has the optional twist of layers, I inked a sunset in layers of color instead of subtle blends. I stamped the image, then masked to create the sky using Distress Oxides in Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold, and Wilted Violet. The Anita Jeram image from Colorado Craft Company (Snow Happy) was colored with Copics. 
I added just a few snowflakes by spattering white paint, and three that were die cut. This card is a mini slimline. 
I love how the bunny and deer are sharing a kind moment. 
Thank you for sharing your time with me today! 

And please be sure to check the challenge inspiration HERE and play along! There are prizes!

 Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  






1 comment:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Your card is delightful, Cindy. Such a sweet scene . I love the things that inspired you in its creation. Your sunset is gorgeous, and I love the detail of the spots on the deer and the snowy sky. Thank so very much for joining us as Guest Designer at Time Out. It is a joy to have you with us!