Translate

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Inspired By 194 Welcome Friends

 Hello and welcome! I am happy to turn the calendar page and greet a new month which also kicks in my Christmas card making spree! As you will see, I was literally influenced by the photo at our Inspired By Challenge! 


Here's what caught my eye - kraft, buffalo plaid, a satin bow,
 woodgrain and layers of texture! Oh, and did I say berries? 




What speaks to you in our photos today? Hope you will craft along with us and link your project in our gallery!  For those looking for card details, I will include them below. 
I'm joining the fun with Ann's tic tac toe challenge at The Paper Players, choosing the diagonal row: ribbon, patterned paper, embellishments.

Thanks for your visit today!

 Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  



Details: I created the background on white card stock by stamping the Wood Grain Background (WPlus9) in pale gray ink. The frame (Anastasia Tag) and deer (Stag Trio Die) were also from WPlus9. 

I went for a rustic look and added a new to me embossing powder from WOW! called Perissa. It blends two metallic shades and gives a bumpy texture which I just love. You can see it on the kraft frame and a bit on the deer.The greenery was cut from Vicki Boutin Foundations card stock. This mixed media paper is heavy and I used Distress Oxide inks to blend the greens, then cut them with dies from The Greetery. Snow was created with Ranger Distress Spray and WOW Puff White embossing powder. I added Glossy accents to the berries. This card was completely inspired by things I learned from Dawn Woleslagle and her fabulous lives!

10 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Cindy! The greenery on this card is stunning, with its touches of "snow". And then you included another one of my favorite things...PLAID! And if that wasn't enough, the deer die cut is so pretty. The embossing powder is amazing, by the way! I am so happy you played in my Tic-Tac-Toe challenge this week at The Paper Players!

Danni Reid said...

This is a gorgeous ornament, this card is oh so amazing! Sigh, your recipient is so very lucky!

Debbie Crowley said...

Cindy, this is so simple and stunning. The dimension and texture you created are beautiful. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

Kim S said...

Gorgeous! I love how you've layered the various elements and added all the special touches like the dusting of snow and the texture on the ornament.

Lisa Elton said...

I love each and every perfectly placed item that inspired you Cindy! This is a wonderful Christmas card!

Jaydee said...

gorgeous, Cindy. You can so see where you got your inspiration from in the photograph - but your card is so much richer. All those elements come together beautifully. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

laurie said...

LOVE this one! Wow so Christmasy...what an awesome card! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players!

Linda Callahan said...

This is gorgeous and has so many beautiful details! I love Kraft and plaid,

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how beautiful this is! Rustic cards are my favorite for Christmas. Just look at this with the plaid and the woodsy elements. I love it so much, Cindy!

Silke Ledlow said...

Fabulous caption...you’ve added all the perfect elements to your card! Gorgeous card and design Cindy!