Translate

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Harvest Meadow Meets Succulents

 How are you doing today, friends? Well, I hope! We've been enjoying gorgeous sunshine the last few days and it's still warm and pleasant outside. I love this Indian summer weather!

I know you came for a card, and I have been playing in the craft room too. The lovely sketch at The Paper Players has been on my mind, so here's the card I made using it. 



I fell in love with the Harvest Meadow DSP from Stampin' Up! and was trying to come up with a way to use the gorgeous pattern in pale neutrals. Inspiration comes from the strangest places. I have a friend who decorates beautifully. Her whole guest bath is done with pale kraft, gray, and white and sketchy botanical artwork. The only color in there was a bold pop of deep green from a tall succulent. I was brave enough to try to pair these images and patterns versus keeping it safe with matchy colors. What do you think? 

Using sponges to ink the pot image, I combined colors to give an ombre look. The only embellishment is the clear gloss addition to the plant pot, and added dimension to the die cut sentiment, which brings a pop of white. I think I like it!

Our friend loves succulents too, so this will be a thank you for having us to dinner. Hope she likes it! 

Thank you Paper Players for a great sketch!


I appreciate you so much for joining me here for a little bit. Be back tomorrow!

Be yourself.

     Find delight in your craft.

          Make something beautiful! 





Supplies used: 

Stamps: The Greetery - Pot-Pourri, stamps and dies


Accessories - WPlus9 - Welcome Dies





5 comments:

Nancy said...

Cindy, we have similar tastes and I too love that DSP! This card came out so well! I love that you were inspired by a bathroom! So fun! Thanks for being with us at The Paper Players!

I Card Everyone said...

We've had nothing but rain this week, Cindy - get your guest room ready!!
LOve your card [and especially that background paper!]
=]

LeAnne said...

It's funny where we get our inspiration from, isn't it? I often get inspired by whatever someone is wearing while they sit in front of me at church, LOL! Of course I love this background paper and your pretty pop of color from the vase is gorgeous! So happy you played with my sketch this week at the Players!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the source of your inspiration this week Cindy! I wouldn't have thought to pair the bright plant and pot with the neutrals, but it really works. Thanks for playing along with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Leslie Miller said...

It's absolutely beautiful, Cindy! I can envision your friend's bathroom, too, and I love the sound of it. You interpreted it onto a card with the extra spot of color and it looks just lovely!