Translate

Thursday, September 16, 2021

Inspired By Hello Fall

 Good morning to you! There will be two posts from me today, so let's get started! First up, at Inspired By we're back with two photo options or a sketch for you to try. My project is inspired by the Hello Fall prompt, and I decided to step it up and make a shaker card. 



I was thrilled to see my friend Nancy's link to a whole sheet shaker card, including a link to a great video tutorial. What fun this was to create and I'm excited that it is fairly flat to mail. I LOVE shaker cards but don't love making them with foam tape.

Nothing says fall like bright sunflowers and a wreath, don't you think? I've had this autumn sequin mix forever, and I am glad to use some of it up. The images and die cuts are from WPlus9  Autumn Blessings set. I colored with watercolors. The wreath is adhered to the card base, and the banner is placed over the acetate layer.

I hope you will join the fun at Inspired By this week. Can't wait to see your creations!

I am joining Just Us Girls challenge to make a shaker card.  Hope you have a wonderful day, thanks for visiting!




 



9 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Cindy... your were certainly in the fall spirit! Love your wreath...sunflowers were such a great choice and the shaker just adds to the fun. Thank you so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls!

Nancy said...

I am so happy to see you in our gallery at Just Us Girls and that you too don't enjoy the foam tape shakers like I. This is a great alternative and your card is fabulous! Your coloring is wonderful, I especially love the banner! Have a wonderful day and thanks for playing along!

LeAnne said...

I LOVE that shaker idea....thanks for sharing it, I am definitely going to be trying that tip! And your card is just stunning! Gorgeous wreath and as always, you've colored it to perfection!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your beautiful sunflower wreath and bonus that you made it into an edge to edge shaker! Beautiful coloring and I love your fall colored sequins for your shaker bits. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Lisa Elton said...

I saw that video too and want to try one of those shakers! Your sunflower wreath is as cheerful as it is lovely. Wonderful card, Cindy!

Danni Reid said...

This is so beautiful and such a fun way to celebrate fall, I LOVE that it’s a shaker too, incredible card!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, it's beautiful! Love your richly colored sunflower wreath, and even better that it's a full-card shaker! I, too, love shaker cards, but haven't made one in forever. Thanks for this autumn beauty to inspire, Cindy!

Nora Noll said...

This is so beautiful!! I have admired that stamp set for a long time and think I am going to bite the bullet and buy it. Your wreath is STUNNING. I love the colors you used on this.

Silke Ledlow said...

Cindy, I love this Fall Wreath..so fun with all the sequins! Beautifully colored too!