Translate

Thursday, September 23, 2021

Inspired By... Colorful Fall

 Welcome back, it's time for a new challenge at Inspired By! Our weekly challenges are filled with inspiration and multiple options for your participation. I hope you will check them out and join us by adding your creation to the gallery this week! 

I love our theme of Colorful Fall.  Traditional fall colors are so beautiful, but I've been noticing a trend towards purple or pinkish leaves in the paper-crafting world lately. Here's my take on that combination. 



For the leaves, I used a sponge dauber to add layers of color until I was satisfied with the blend. I created a frame with kraft card stock, inking a leaf pattern with a stencil to add interest, adding all to a square card base. Here's the photo prompt for fall.



Here's another should you prefer to make a Holiday card. 



I will also be joining the CAS challenge at The Paper Players
I appreciate your visit today, thanks for spending a bit of time with me.


Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  




Card supplies: 
Stamps: WPlus9 Autumn Leaves and dies; Gina K Stamps Autumn Wreath Builder
Inks:  WPlus9 - Hayride, Sweet Nectar, Cockleshell
Stencil: Gina K - Leafy Stencil

9 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous leaves and frame...just perfect for a CAS fall creation! So glad you shared it with us at the Players too!

I Card Everyone said...

Cindy, I've noticed that trend, too! Love that you've included it in your leaves... would you believe I've JUST purchased my first little set of finger daubers this year? I'm going to follow your very beautiful lead!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I've noticed that too, Cindy and your purpley/pink leaves are beautiful! Love this sentiment. Wonderful card, my friend!

Danni Reid said...

GORGEOUS card again my friend, you have such an eye for details and color, could not love it more!

Linda Callahan said...

So beautiful for fall! I love the frame you created! And the leaves are perfect!

blaze said...

Love your beautiful leaves! I've had fun doing the finger dauber thing, too, thanks to Dawn's examples! Your card is fabulous!

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply beautiful..love the framing and the beautiful colors you chose for your leaves!

Leslie Miller said...

I do love these colors for fall. Nature includes them, so why not us? Your wide frame with the stenciled pattern is just what you needed for these beautiful leaves and sentiment!

donna mikasa said...

So beautiful, Cindy! I love the rich, autumnal colors and that gorgeous frame.