Translate

Friday, August 27, 2021

Summer Sketches

Hello, and happy Friday! I spent some time in the craft room this afternoon. Do you know I sing and do a happy dance when I come to this favorite spot and put the music on? 

Some creative ideas have been lingering on the back burner for days.  I really loved the Color Hues challenge to use Turquoise and Coral. I made a card but being in the midst of difficult circumstances I just didn't end up liking it too well. It is posted HERE if you missed it. 

Today's card uses those colors but with a bright, airy feel, and lots of white, reflecting my mood on this hot summer day. Hope you like it! 



Trying to use the Freshly Made Sketch yesterday was like work - and that sample is in the trash. The sketch, was not the problem, it's fabulous! Can you believe they've offered weekly sketches for a DECADE?

Adding a pale stenciled panel in the background allows the florals and colors to blend well on my card. Much better, I think.

That's all for today! Thanks for your visit, stay well. Happy crafting!


Be yourself.

     Find delight in your craft.

             Make something beautiful! 











Supplies used: 

Stamps: The Greetery  - Summer Sketches stamps and dies, Cotton Comforts
Ink: Altenew; WPlus 9

Accessories - MFTstamps - Brick stencil



10 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

This is such a great color combo and you've really shown off the colors beautifully. The brick background is soft and subtle and makes the florals really shine! Thanks for joining our 500th sketch celebration at Freshly Made Sketches!

Susan Powell said...

Such a beautiful card!!

Karen said...

A beautiful card---of course!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Nope, I don't like it... I love it! What a beautiful card, Cindy!

Linda Callahan said...

This is gorgeous! I love the soft stenciled backdrop! The flowers are perfect with it! So glad you joined our celebration....and yep ten years is a long time!

Nancy said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Cindy! Love the stencil panel and the beautiful font and flowers! HUGS!!!

Judy Rozema said...

Fabulous color combo and design. Love the bricks! Thank you for joining us for our milestone sketch this week at FMS!

Soozie4Him said...

WOW! I literally gasped when I saw this card! That turquoise blue is SUCH a gorgeous color, and pairs so nicely with the coral!! I love the subtle stenciling too!! Just beautiful!!

Leslie Miller said...

I love what you've done with the sketch, Cindy, and these colors are wonderful! Love the stamps and the brick wall stencil. Such a fresh and cheerful look to this. I'm glad you have a happy place. My stamp room is truly that. We are fortunate.

Karren said...

All your elements work perfectly on this gorgeous card! As always you have created a top-notch piece of art. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches for our 500th sketch challenge.