Translate

Monday, May 17, 2021

Watercolor Birthday

 Hello, crafty friends! It's me on a Monday, just popping in with a card for a couple challenges and some watercolor fun! I am glad to see you.

The weekly challenge at Waffle Flower is one you shouldn't miss! This week's theme is embossed resist watercolor. 


You know I love to watercolor so I pulled out Bouquet Builder #6 and dies and painted with my Mungyo 46 pan set. Embossing the image in Rose Gold (Altenew) adds a soft glow. Embossing first helps those hesitant to watercolor because the embossing holds the water in place. 

I had a foiled strip already made using a polka dot stencil so I added that for a focal point and to carry over the gold as an accent. That lets me add this to the challenge at The Paper Players to use polka dots on a CAS card. 

I am so glad you came by to visit today! Getting to stamp just for fun makes it a happy day for me! Take care. 

Be yourself

     Delight in your craft 

        Make something beautiful!




7 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Stamping just for fun is the best kind of stamping! You know how I love watercolor, too, and yours is absolutely beautiful. Such a lovely and artfully crafted card, Cindy.

Amanda Mertz said...

This is a sharp looking card! Love the gold embossing and beautiful watercoloring. The Navy base makes everything pop! Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players!

I Card Everyone said...

Why do I forget how beautiful floral images are embossed in gold??
Cindy, this is so gorgeous - especially that rose gold - perfect for these fabulous florals [still on my list!]
LOVE the dots!
=]

Waffle Flower (Kirsten) said...

So pretty! Love the gold embossing :)

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Cindy! Your watercoloring is always perfect. I love the rose gold embossing...and the polka dots! Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

Kathy said...

Such a beautiful card. You did an awesome job bringing so many elements together and still achieving such a clean look.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Absolutely stunning card, Cindy! Such an elegant card and I just love how the gold pops on th dark background. So pretty! Thank you so much for playing along with my CAS polka dot challenge this week over at The Paper Players!