Translate

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Christmas Rose Bouquet

 I am still enjoying revisiting a few much-loved Christmas sets from my stash. Christmas Rose Bouquet from W Plus9 Design is one of those. I experimented with a couple mediums for adding color but liked watercolor the best. 


I stamped the image with brown ink onto watercolor card stock using the Misti and painted several layers of colors. I wasn't pleased with how it looked at first, but after it dried I decided to go with it.



A bit of wild spattering with white gouache added texture and from there I was liking the look. I added more texture by pulling out the paper crimper. Do you have that tool buried in the back of a drawer somewhere? I was so inspired seeing Dawn's gorgeous card (with her new release HERE) that I pulled mine out. I had almost forgotten how to use it! I lightly inked the kraft card stock directly with white craft ink.

I'm soon coming to the end of the line for "specialty" cards for this year. I'll pick a couple of simple designs to mass produce for the rest. 

Sadly, that there are two shipments with new stamps that have been stuck for days en-route. They currently reside at the post office hub that's only an hour away from me. Been there for days.

Thankfully I've wrapped up the Christmas gift packages we are sending and will soon mail the cards too. Hope and pray that you are staying well. Thanks so much for visiting with me today!



I am adding this to the theme challenge at The Paper Players. They come up with one great challenge after another!

Be yourself

     Delight in your craft 

        Make something beautiful!











Supplies used:

Stamps: WPlus9 - Christmas Rose Bouquet; The Greetery - Written in Ribbon Christmas

Paper: Neenah Solar White, SU - Crumb Cake, water color card stock

INK: WPlus9 - Coconut Husk, Gala Red, Sweet Gelato, White pigment ink

Accessories: Altenew - watercolors






7 comments:

Jaydee said...

Cindy, fabulous image and you colored it beautifully. I am in love with all of that gorgeous texture on the background and the addition of the white splatters adds another layer. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week and shared this beauty with us
Jaydee

Kim S said...

It's lovely! I love all of the cheerful colors on the neutral crimped background!! Hmmm...I know have a crimper somewhere!!

Leslie Miller said...

Your cards are both so very pretty, Cindy! It's a beautiful bouquet with lots of open space to make watercoloring easier. You did a lovely job on that, and the white splatters are a perfect finish. I do have a crimper and haven't used it in ages. It looks fantastic! I hope your stamps get unstuck soon. I'm not sure why some mail gets stuck, but it's been happening a lot this year.

Lisa Elton said...

This is bright and beautiful Cindy!

laurie said...

These are beautiful Cindy!! so pretty and festive. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Cindy your coloured poinsettias are lovely and I think the addition of the crimped background is a great touch. Very festive! Thanks for playing along with my theme challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Cindy, these are absolutely gorgeous cards! I love the pop of pink and the crimped background is such a wonderful touch of texture. So much fabulous detail. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!