Translate

Friday, August 28, 2020

Must Love Dogs

 Hello friends, hope things are going well for you. It's a very hot lazy summer afternoon here. If you're in the path of the storm, my thoughts and prayers are with you!


We went for a walk last evening and as we approached a man walking his gold-doodle she came running up to me wagging her tail. She must have known that I love dogs!  I enthusiastically greeted her. I've been seeing everyone's photos for National Dog Day and missing our Josie who we lost about a year ago. 
Here's a dog that's adorable too! 


I loved this Porch Swing Friends set  (Newton's Nook) and added it to my stash recently. I couldn't wait to color these two cozy critters. I used my colored pencils (Inktense) and a slightly damp brush to add a light wash of water for each image. 

Playing along with the sketch at Mojo Monday and Darnell's fun and fabulous NBUS Challenge.  


 Thanks so much for joining me today! 

Be yourself

     Delight in your craft 

        Make something beautiful!






7 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What an adorable image, Cindy, and I love how you colored it!! Great take on the sketch too!!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhh, Cindy, you know I love this! Sweetness! So cute with the sketch and your watercolor with the pencils is perfection. I spent all day yesterday at a local park with a girlfriend and we probably pet every dog we came upon. There were a lot! I know how you must miss your little Josie. I was 16 years between dogs and I'll never go that long again.

Kim S said...

So sweet!! Sadly, our dogs and cats have never done more than tolerate each other.

Linda Callahan said...

Well these two look cozy napping away! Sweet image - beautifully colored!

Cynthia said...

This is precious, Cindy! Great take on the Mojo sketch. Sorry for your loss... Josie was a cutie.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a sweet card, Cindy! So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a sweet image this is Cindy and beautifully coloured. It is so hard to lose our furry family members and I know you must miss your Josie. I think you're right about other dogs picking up on your dog-loving body language. Sending hugs, Vicky x