Translate

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Keep Swimming

 Hello! I know that I've missed a few posts but I have been enjoying these last days of summer so much! I can't believe how quickly it has gone by. 

I'm still holding out with a summery set or two that I hope will see ink before the official change of the season. When I saw the color choices at The Paper Players I knew that it was time to create an underwater scene. 


I really didn't feel like fussing too much, so imagine my delight to find the die cut oval and inlaid inked pieces already assembled and tucked in the envelope with the stamps. I had inked white card stock and spattered it with water and a few sprays of dark ink. I added the flora and fauna and a sentiment banner. Keep swimming is certainly an appropriate sentiment for these times. 

I had the fun last week of swimming at the pool with our young grands. Little E is one plus some and wanted to jump off the side of the pool into her Mama's arms. Miss G is able to put her face in and go! Now you know what kept me busy and happy. 

Here's to hoping you find a splash of fun in your day! Thanks for coming to share in some of mine.

Be yourself

     Delight in your craft 

        Make something beautiful!







 Playing along as closely as I could to these bold and pretty colors. The card base is Pool Party card stock. Stamps and dies are the Salt Air Flora and Fauna combo by Papertrey Ink.






10 comments:

Crafting4friends said...

Delightful card love the way you have used the colours in your design

Nancy said...

This is sensational Cindy! I am going to call it an early over at TPP...WINNER! I know you enjoyed playing with your grandkids... sounds heavenly!

Lisa Elton said...

I agree with Nancy, this is a winner! Super cute use of the colors and a great design!

Rachelle Oltean said...

HI Cindy! I love these Papertrey images and you have captured TPP's color palette perfectly! This card is beautiful! Take Care - Rachelle : )

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, this is just delightful, Cindy! Hey, life goes on the same under the sea all year long, so this set should endure through the winter. I've been feeling a lot of love for beach, nautical, and ocean cards lately and still have quite a stash of them I haven't used yet. Your card turned out so cute and I just love it! I also love that you're enjoying these last days of summer. It should still be nice for quite a while yet. We're going camping again in a few days and I'm looking forward to it!

Michelle said...

Love this beautiful scene!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Cindy this is absolutely gorgeous! So much wonderful inky detail, in both the sea and that fabulous seahorse and shell combo. And your oval diecut frames the whole thing beautifully. Way to go to make my colours shine! Clearly a week of pooltime fun with your grands hasn't lost you your crafting mojo! Thanks for playing along with my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

What a bright, cheerful under-the-sea scene! GREAT way to use our colors this week, thanks for playing! So happy you were able to spend some time cooling off with your grands, too! That brings a smile to my face as well!

Stef Perry said...

Such a beautiful undersea scene, Cindy and how wonderful you already had the white oval die cut at the ready! That background looks fabulous and the colors worked perfectly for all the elements. So fun that you were able to play in the pool with your grands, it's such a special time when they are that little.

Allisa said...

This is such a stunning card, I am in love with your background! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!