Translate

Thursday, July 16, 2020

Pretending to be Normal

Do you ever buy a stamp set just for one sentiment? Well, I hadn't until now. But this cute floppy-eared bunny pushed me over the edge. Of course, "Life's a Beach" is a fun thought especially if that is your last name, lol. Or even if it's not! It is the name of the stamp set from The Cat's Pajamas that found it's way to my home recently.



I assembled this card rather quickly after spending way too much time puttering around with a complicated but more "normal" design. I don't like that one well enough to share it, you know? 

But I love the way this cute and quirky card turned out. Hope you do too! I did a bit of paper piecing, a little loose Copic coloring and ink blended lightly with Distress Oxide ink in Speckled Egg, a new color for me. 
Shimmer pen helps the sand to sparkle and I added glossy accents to the bunny's nose.

I am playing along with three challenges!
NBUS (the stamp sets, Life's a Beach and Get Grounded (Ink Blot Shop.)

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me today. I really have appreciated your kind comments! Hope you have a great day. 

Be yourself

     Delight in your craft 

        Make something beautiful!















13 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh my, this is too cute for words! First, your sponged "sky" is amazing..what a gorgeous color! Second, the bunny alone just makes me smile! But that sentiment....aren't we all feeling a bit like that these days? What IS normal? Thanks for sharing this with us this week and using my Paper Players colors!!

Sherri Thacker said...

What an adorable card!!

JoAnn said...

What a cute card and a fun sentiment. TFS

Lisa Elton said...

That floppy eared fella always makes me smile and that sentiment is a hoot! Cute card Cindy!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Cindy a card that is so perfect for our times with that sentiment - and with the surname Beach I would have bought the set too! This cute bunny is lovely and your colouring first class. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh Cindy, this is so FUN! I love the sentiment and the adorable bunny! The polka dot umbrella is just perfeet!!!!! So happy you shared this adorable card with us at The Paper Players this week!

Stef Perry said...

That TCP bunny is the cutest and I can see why this stamp set found it's way to your craft room! Plus it has your name on the set! I love how this turned out Cindy, with the paper pieced umbrella and awesome sentiment! Always wonderful to see your card in The Paper Players gallery!

Leslie Miller said...

I LOVE the sentiment, tee hee! As if the bunny isn't cute enough. Great details with the umbrella and glossy nose. I once bought a sentiment set just because of one sentiment.

Linda Callahan said...

That bunny is #1 on my hit parade! Such a fun card - and oh so adorable!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Cindy, that bunny is my spirit animal! LOL! Love how you showcased the colors along with that fun polka dot umbrella. So cute! Thanks for sharing over at The Paper Players this week

Kim S said...

I can relate to the sentiment and I totally want to be under an umbrella right now with a tropical drink! He's charming. I love the simple colors you've used.

Jen Timko said...

Hard to say what I love more, the fun image or that sentiment! Thanks for the smile. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Amy O said...

Adorable! I love the bunny and that sentiment was definitely worth the purchase of the whole set. Hope you're doing well, Cindy! Always a treat to see you in the FMS gallery.