Translate

Thursday, June 18, 2020

A Sign of Hope

I can't get enough flowers these days, it seems! They keep coming up in my cards. I tried planting  some daisies in my small garden but when I look out in the morning some critter has lopped the blooms off! 

I like stamped flowers, I can make them any color I like, HA! Today I pulled out the blues and went to work Copic Coloring the large floral spray in the Bouquet Builder 3 set (Waffle Flower.) 



I selected and fussy cut the flowers I wanted to frame the label die cut with. Adding pops of bold colors and stripes helps the focal point to stand out. Gold confetti dots and a bit of sparkle are the only embellishments. 



I loved this sentiment from Penny Black called "Blooming Sentiments."  I think it's a great one for these days, especially for a gardener or anyone who needs encouragement.  I've been feeling a bit "blue" myself today. Maybe I should have colored everything bright yellow! 

The sun has come out to shine for just a little bit. You know what they say about the sun..... it will come out tomorrow! It's only a day away.  I will go out for a walk now with a certain song resonating! Good thing I like that one! Sending you cyber hugs and well wishes.

Be yourself

     Delight in your craft 

        Make something beautiful!












I'm happily playing along with Amy's great sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  My card uses the sketch on a vertical card base. OOPS?

Also joining Darnell's Challenge at NBUS as both stamp sets have never been used  until now!



Other supplies: 
Pacific Point card stock - SU
DSP - Honeybee Back to Basics
Label Die - Sissex
Pretty Pink Posh - Metallic Gold Confetti Mix


10 comments:

Darnell said...

What a beautiful blue floral take on the sketch, Cindy! Your coloring and placement is precise and gorgeous! I hope your walk in the sunshine lifted your spirits! Thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

LeAnne said...

Beautiful florals, gorgeous coloring! It will make someone's day much brighter for sure. Don't feel bad, squirrels ate every bulb I planted this spring. :(

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Such a beautiful card! I love your coloring and that snippet of black and white are perfect! Flowers always make us feel better, even the critters! Hope you are having a beautiful day, my friend. Hugs!

Lisa Elton said...

This is sure to brighten the recipient's day! Your blue blooms are pretty Cindy!

Leslie Miller said...

Cindy, you always have pretty card designs and color combos. Creative take on the sketch and beautiful coloring. I hope your blue mood passed. I've had some of those times lately, too. Sending hugs.

Amy O said...

Those flowers are beautiful, as is your coloring! This is such a pretty card, Cindy! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Judy Rozema said...

Wow your coloring and design is so beautiful. I love the stripes. Thank you for joining us at FMS this week!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a pretty card! I just love those bright, blue flowers and that sentiment is so fitting! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jacquie Southas said...

I love these pretty flowers and great sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS!

Linda Callahan said...

You are singing the blues beautifully!