Translate

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Peonies For You

I'm happy to have a project for you today and a special one for tomorrow. I am thrilled to see sunshine out my window as I write this afternoon post. It's been a crazy couple of weeks to say the least. I've tried several ways to put my mind at rest but it's been hard settling down to stamp. Last night I pulled out my best therapy - markers inks and stamps to do some no-line coloring! 


I gave Tombow markers a try for coloring using a paintbrush and water to spread the inks onto Fabriano water color paper. Being a rarely used coloring medium for me, some of those markers were dry then I substituted Distress Markers. Trying something new took lots of concentration and it was good for me to focus for an evening. 

Fussy cutting the flowers, I used foam tape to add them to a panel inked with Antique Linen, Lucky Clover and Chipped Sapphire DOX inks. I love the way these flowers stand out against the dark panel. Splattered with white paint, bedecked with a few jewels and it is done. 

Thanks so much for coming to my blog today. Writing helps me too, and I think reaching out is good for all of us! Sending hugs and well wishes to you all. 

Be yourself
     Delight in your craft 
        Make something beautiful!










Supplies used:
Stamps: Altenew - Adore You. Sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp: Mandy's Flowers embossed with Altenew Rose Gold powder



1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, the colors! So beautiful and you did a nice job with the markers. I don't have Zigs so my Tombows give me the same look. Have never had one run dry in all these years. This is gorgeous, Cindy! The news makes me crazy. Otherwise we're doing okay.