Translate

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

A Trip Back: Tea Garden


Hello, crafting world! 
You remember how I mentioned in my last post - wanting to use flowers and layers? That's exactly the direction my creating took today! 
I was inspired to use patterned paper for today's card. I pulled out the Tea Garden papers from Basic Grey - over 5 years old! Almost using up that pack made today's card fun! 



I got the idea from Tina Smith's recent video at Cards and Coffee Time. She's begun a series on DSP and if you haven't checked her videos out, I highly recommend them!

I used the same sketch she did but came up with my own take on it. The only stamping is the embossed greeting on the vellum, from WPlus9's Hand Lettered HELLO. SU provided the punches for the butterflies. I use dies so much now. It's been a LONG time since I've punched anything.

Playing with paper was good therapy for me today. I may just do this again tomorrow, HA! 

Be yourself
     Delight in your craft 
        Make something beautiful!







5 comments:

Beth W. said...

Cindy--Have you ever shared photos of your craft room space? I would love to know/see how you organize and keep track of all your supplies. You use a wide variety of items and manufacturers, and I love what you create. I'm at the point where it's getting trickier to figure out the best way to keep everything and also not forget what I have!

I think I'm going to do my take on this card. I have the "you are simply amazing," and everything else--it seems like a card that will be fun to put together :). --Beth

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Beth!
I loved your comment.
I went looking for the photos of my old craft room on my old blog (typepad.com) and could not find a thing.
So the best I can do for now is agree with you, that I DO have a lot of supplies from multiple companies, lol! I love photopolymer stamps best, and organize them by manufacturer stored in clear envelopes in fridge bins.
I put the mainly sentiments stamps in front of every group.
The best way I'm finding to not forget what I have is to cull through it and occasionally get rid of what I don't use. And I'm on a kick to USE what I have now, even if it's not the most trendy item at the moment.

I know you'll love using the sketch! I may still make another card with it as the papers cover my work space.
Thanks so much for taking time to write, Beth.

Beth W. said...

Hi Cindy--Thank you! For looking for pics *and* for the info. All of it is helpful to me :).

I like the idea of everything being clear--the storage envelopes and the bins. I know it's better for me when it's easier for me to see things. And I think it's smart to put the sentiment stamps in front; I would not have thought of that. I also like the idea of going through everything more often and regularly.

I'm feeling inspired ;o)! --Beth

Cindy Beach said...

I"d love to see your card, Beth! PM me or post it here. You can reach me at the name of my blog (in the header, no caps or symbols) at gmail.

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, it's very pretty, Cindy! I have a ton of BasicGrey paper, but don't remember this collection. Your layout and everything is just beautiful. I'm going to follow your link to the video because I do love using my DP. Thanks!