Translate

Monday, January 13, 2020

Pine Branches Winter Birthday

Hello, friends! 
I have a hard time with masculine cards, but when it came time to make this one I knew I had supplies to make something special. For someone very special, our son. 




I'm sure by now you've realized that there are new stamping goodies in the house! I've been using the BotaniCuts Pine Bough Die (The Greetery) but I'm excited today to have added the Cozy Flannel Cover Die (Altenew). I love being able to create the look of a buffalo plaid so easily.

I began with card stock for the boughs and pine cone cuts and added sponged inks and colored pencil shading. The sentiment is from Uplifting Thoughts (SSS) and continues inside to say, " You are every bit of wonderful." 

I'm happy to have the layout from Cas(e) This Sketch to kick off my stamping.  My entry from last week was a CTS Honorable Mention!



Hope it's the beginning of a wonderful day for you and a great week. 
I appreciate your visit very much. 


Be yourself
     Delight in your craft 

          Make something beautiful!




4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I have to say the pine bough is one of the most realistic I've seen! Love the buffalo plaid, too, and just anything woodsy and rustic is appealing to me. Looks like a very nice sentiment set. Beautiful card, Cindy!

Kim S said...

Definitely being saved into my inspiration files to make for my sons! I have the sentiment - it's a great one to inspire them. The plaid is a great backdrop to your pine!

Vikki H said...

With two sons, husband and 3 grandsons your card is a fantastic inspiration and take on the challenge! I also love my Flannel Cover die for winter cards!

Linda Callahan said...

This card is confident and amazing!