Translate

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

What I love: Butterflies and Something NEW!

Good morning, hope you are doing very well this Wednesday morning. Today is the day I share something I created just because I love it! Today's card features butterflies, a new technique and a new stamp set, all things that make me smile. Here we go! 

I knew that the butterflies in the Beautiful Day set were needed in my stamp stash as soon as I saw them. Also love the sentiments in this set as they have large and small fonts and expressions that work well together in many different combinations.  I colored them in with Copics, added a bit of shimmer and paired them with pretty patterned paper for my card front. 


Now for the fun! The new technique is a window pop-up card, as shared HERE by creative artist Jennifer McGuire. Her cards are gorgeous and her videos are amazing. I will want to try this technique again and again, as Jennifer shared several designs. 


Here's the pop up when you open the card.  I sponged ink to create the clouds and added another die cut butterfly. There is a space to the right to add your signature horizontally. 


And here is the whole card opened. I couldn't resist decorating ALL the parts, ha! 

Hope you've enjoyed my post. I've loved reading your sweet comments. Know what else I love?  The wonderful stamping community where we share, learn and encourage one another. Keep smiling, you are simply the BEST! 

Be yourself
     Delight in your craft 
        Make something beautiful!











Supplies used:
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp - Beautiful Day
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Penny Black - Painted Blooms
INK:Simon Says Stamp - Intense Black, Hero Arts - Soft Pool
Accessories: Wink of Stella, dies, Copic markers

I'm playing with the Wednesday Challenge Simon Says: Make your own background

3 comments:

craftyd said...

Gorgeous card, love how you decorated the inside too. I need to watch that video.

ankitag612 said...

I love this technique too and you have done such an amazing job! Your butterflies are colored beautifully. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.xx Ankita

Leslie Miller said...

Well, I'll be! What a fun surprise inside! Pretty stamps and I just love the sentiment font and messages. It worked... I'm smiling!