Translate

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Welcome to What I love: Waterfront

Hello crafty friends, happy Wednesday!  Today is the day I share on the theme of what I love. I live near a beautiful lake and I love being near or on the water every day, so it's no surprise that the Waterfront set from Stampin' Up! made it to my craft desk. I am loving it!

Creating water or mountain scenes with this set will be a breeze. I made two cards to get me started on a few cards for men's birthdays that I'll be needing next month.  I can't believe June is almost here! I have a birthday of my own coming up. 

 I began by lightly sponging a background for each of the cards using Distress Oxide Inks in Antique Linen and Broken China, and sprinkling on a few fine dots of water. Stamping the scene for the first card involved lots of layers to make the row of mountains and trees and a bit of additional sponging with greens
 to fill in the blank spots.



For the second card, I kept the stamping much simpler and placed the scene inside an oval frame with a die cut window. 


This set is still on my craft table so I think you'll be seeing it again soon with the beach-y version! 
I hope good things and good times are on their way to you today. Thanks for visiting!


Be yourself
     Delight in your craft 
        Make something beautiful!





3 comments:

Cindy Beach said...

There is a mix up with Blogger and many who use them are not receiving updates of new comments by e-mail. Until it's fixed I will be leaving a comment on each post in hops of a temporary fix.

Leslie Miller said...

It's hard to avoid the water where we live. Turn one way and you're in the ocean, turn the other way and you hit a lake, creek, river, pond, marsh... I do love it! What beautiful masculine cards today, Cindy! It looks like fun creating these scenes. I may have to check out this set. The Blogger issue with email notifications is annoying and I sure hope they fix it soon. Enjoy your time in your craft room!

Cindy Beach said...

Thanks, Leslie! It was fun to create these scenes. As we are having tons of rain each day and high humidity, I'm very comfy in the craft room thanks to the A/C and fans. Can't wait to see the sun shine.
Your comment made me smile!