Translate

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Takeout Thursday: Use what you have

 Welcome to Take Out Thursday 

When I serve up something simple and easy.
Take out a stamp set for a spin, spice it up.


Hello stamping friends, I'm coming in late for today's Takeout Thursday feature. 

I'm learning from posting more often. I've needed a birthday card for my brother and guy cards have been a struggle. It's also been hard to get much time in the craft room except for cleaning up.

Imagine my surprise when I was clearing off my stamp table yesterday and picked up this die cut panel from the Mix & Mat: Pinked Edge Die (Papertrey Ink). It came in my order recently, and I die cut a piece to keep for a sample. 

Instead of putting it away, I saw it with new eyes. How about a birthday card for him?  My brother's day is coming soon. I usually think of using a nautical or outdoors theme, but I've already sent him many cards of this type. 




I quickly set out to give it a try.


Here's what I came up with using basic supplies. 

I know this die is perfect for fall leaves, but I began to think how much leaves are a part of spring too.  What do you  think of my clean classic card?  Does it fit what you think is masculine? 




It works for me! Once I had the idea, this came together in 15 minutes. 

Hope you have a great weekend! 

I'll be enjoying some takeout myself tonight. We're going to take out the motor boat for a spin on the lake in this gorgeous weather. 

Thanks so much for your visit. 

Be yourself
     Delight in your craft 
        Make something beautiful!











Supplies used:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Notes (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Neenah Solar White, PTI - Bitty Big Parakeet Color DSP, SU - Baked Brown Sugar, Basic Black
INK: Versamark

Accessories:  Mix & Mat: Pinked Edge Die - Papertrey Ink 



1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

This is perfectly masculine! This beautiful die cut design could go either way and fit any season, but with the green grid paper and brown sugar card base it's ideal for your brother. I like using leaves for guy cards, and it's great fun to combine dies like this. It turned out fabulous!