Translate

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Brushed Birds Collage

Good morning crafty friends!
I have certainly been enjoying challenges and I'm jumping right in with a card to share for the Make It Monday challenge at PTI where Stephanie inspired us with her lovely card using different types of papers.  I went searching for my papers and combined a polka dotted page from last year's planner and a corrugated textured panel for the card base.



 I pulled out mulberry paper from my stash, and added a sentiment embossed on a piece cut from a shiny gold envelope. Adding a touch of gold embossing at the top of the panel and gold thread tied the elements together. Making this collage was so fun! I stamped the Brushed Bird in Aqua Mist and Blueberry Sky inks. 




Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!


Be yourself
     Delight in your craft 

        Make something beautiful!


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty! I haven't used Mulberry paper in a VERY long time. I might just have to pull some out. I just got the brushed birds set but I'm having a little trouble lining up for the step 2 stamping - yours looks perfect. Great job.

Joanne said...

Oh wow, i used the same stamp set. Couldn't wait to use this new set. Your card is lovely.

maria f. said...

Such beautiful delicate leaves. And those birds are beautiful.

Soozie4Him said...

Oh Cindy! This is just breathtaking! I love the mulberry leaves, but I adore the bird!! Are you on instagram? Because I need to tag you. HUGS and LOVE!

Soozie4Him said...

Okay, I tagged you on an Insta post from Neat & Tangled for a giveaway.

Susan Watanabe said...

Such a sweet take on Stephanie’s challenge, Cindy! Love all your layers. They give so much interest /depth to your card and you topped it off with my favoriye birdie. ��

Kathy Mc said...

Cindy, this card was meant to be since you had all those papers available. Had forgotten all about mulberry paper but made for perfect leaves. Your pudgy bird looks great perched in the open window. Beautiful card!

Lyn said...

I have so fallen in love with this card, those leaves are beautiful and your bird...........cutest ever <3

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely card Cindy!! LOVE all the different papers you used...they all worked perfectly together! And that sweet little birdie is just the icing on the cake...LOVE it!! :0)

lainey said...

What a pretty card! I looked for my mulberry paper for this challenge but I think I gave it away last year.

Traci M said...

Just beautiful!! I love the different textures and elements and how you used the frame. Really adds so much interest! Wonderful take on the challenge!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I love playing with paper and I adore your plump little bird! Mulberry paper! One sees vellum used a lot for die cuts, but seldom mulberry paper. I wonder if I have any left. It looks wonderful, Cindy!

Teresa said...

So pretty. Love all the texture and the layers of paper.