Translate

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

A "Twofer" means two good things at once!

Hello my crafty friends. 
I remember telling you I had been so craftily busy and I had cards just lined up waiting to be posted for you this week. 
I didn't lie. Those cards are still waiting in the wings.
It happens every January. There are SIX family birthdays this month, plus we made an almost 800 mile round trip over a weekend, and....
you get the picture. 

But today is special, know why?  Because it's my day to play in Darnell's new Twofer Challenge! You can find out all about it on her wonderful blog HERE. Darnell is just the friendliest, funniest and one of the most fabulous stampers out there.  I just can't wait to show you the two cards I made for this theme: feathers. 

Mine are on birds. 



 Here is my "twofer" sample photo, using the same images two ways and for two different occasions. 




I made the card with the chickadee for my husband's birthday, using watercolors to create a wintry looking background. Pulling out my Tansai Gambi watercolors, I brushed on shades of blues and violet, plus a wee bit of green.





PTI's Winter Woods is the set I used for both cards.The berries from the set were stamped in black as accents, well, just because I needed a triangle for balance. 


For the second card, I wanted a springy look and clean bright colors. The chickadee turned into a Baltimore Oriole, or my version of it. 
As this post is getting long, I will post the supplies under my signature for you all. 
Thanks so much for visiting! 










Be yourself
     Delight in your craft 
        Make something beautiful!

Supplies used
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Winter Woods stamp set and dies
Paper: Ranger Distress Watercolor paper, PTI Harvest Gold
Accessories: MFT Die-Namics Stitched Scalloped Basic Edges, Poppystamps Dianna Border Die, twine



7 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

Cindy, these are so pretty! I adore the watercolored sky with the chickadee and the second card has indeed a feeling of spring to it - lovely!
Thank you so much for joining us in the very first Twofer Card Challenge!

Loll said...

Great work Cindy! I love how your bird looks completely different in the two designs. Love the watercoloured background for your sweet Chickadee. Perfect for your husband's winter birthday. The bright colours of your second card just scream spring. So happy and fun! Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge.

Darnell said...

You have me blushing, Cindy! Thank you so much for your very kind compliments and your enthusiastic support of my new little Twofer challenge! I really appreciate that you embraced the concept fully with your two beautiful and different designs using the same bird image! It's neat how they have seasonal elements of spring and winter and it's neat how the plumage has been changed to reflect that, too! Very well done!! Thank you again for playing in my first Twofer challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

BożenA said...

You managed to create two cards, on the one hand similar, but at the same time so different. I love how you arranged the winter and spring scenery. Great projects.
Hugs,
BozenA

Dora B. said...

I love chickadees in the winter and your card catches the spirit week. Love the watercolor background. It is also nice to see a colorful spring card at this time of year. Great layout.

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous cards!

Leslie Miller said...

Cindy, I honestly can't believe it's been several days since I visited you. How does time get away from me so quickly? You've been very busy catching up with your posts and this morning I'm going to savor each one of them, starting with this fabulous twofer! Such completely different looks you achieved with this bird. Way to stretch the use of your stamps! Love the watercolor background on your winter card, and the citrusy spring colors with your oriole. What a treat!