Translate

Monday, October 23, 2017

Autumn Elegance

Good morning! Are you ready for a new week? 

I'm taking a break from making kid's cards for a little while. The last few posts when I've made holiday cards have given me a chance to remember some of my favorite styles besides whimsical and CAS. 

For today's autumn card I wanted to go for layers and elegance. I began by getting inky creating with Distress Oxide Inks. 



Using watercolor paper, I loosely painted these three colors onto a panel. I dried it and repeated this process until I got the look I wanted, ending by flicking some of the colors onto the paper and also flicking a few spatters of water onto the design. 





I stamped the leaf outlines over this background in Fired Brick and Peeled Paint Oxide Inks and then die cut the leaves. The photo above shows the leaves close up and is closest in color to how they really look. All the images came from the same sheet of paper that I colored even though they look like they are different colors.

After die cutting the images I used my Copic markers to add details and shading. 

Having texture and details in the images, I wanted to add more layers and texture to the card. I embossed Very Vanilla card stock with a leafy design and layered it onto a card base with a layer of fun foam behind it. The tag was stamped, and heat embossed in gold. A few flicks of spattered gold paint tie in that element. 

Finally, I wrapped it all up with a Kraft silky Seam Binding bow. 




Here's a look at the markers I got out, although I didn't use them all . 




Hope you've enjoyed my card today! 

Be yourself
Delight in your craft 
Make something beautiful!











Supplies used:
Stamps:  WPlus9 - Autumn Leaves stamps and dies, Bold Banner Greetings

Accessories: SU - ribbon, Darice - embossing folder


I was inspired by the elegant tone on tone layers on the cake and the leaf colors. 

http://thecardconcept.blogspot.ca/2017/10/the-card-concept-80-autumn-love.htmlI'm playing along with challenges at The Card Concept and Simon Says.

7 comments:

Rosemary said...

gorgeous card... love the way you colored the leaves!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Gorgeous! Ohhhh, the colors! I love the embossing folder, too. Reminds me I bought a new to me autumn leaf folder the other day. Too many things to use in one short season, sigh...

Lola said...

Hello! I saw your comment at Catch the Bug asking how to get the Freebie Friday. It's at Bugaboo Stamps https://bugaboostamps.com/collections/freebies-and-sales and it's free for one week. ~Lola DT

Cathy said...

Beautiful card, Cathy x

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love how you colored the leaves! They are so pretty and look fabulous against the embossed background. Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, this is so beautiful Cindy! Love the textured background as well as your distress oxide leaves- perfect, my friend! Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept- hugs!!

Jeanne J. said...

Wow this is stunning, the rich embossing, layered colors... and swoon.. GOLD!!!