Translate

Monday, March 4, 2019

Zig Clean Color Markers and Bouquet of Thanks

Hope your week is off to a great start! I know much of the nation is in the grips of a snowstorm, so how about some flowers to brighten your day? 
I'm sharing a card I made using the Bouquet of Thanks stamp set and an array of unique (to me) springy colors. 



 Again, I took time to play with Zig Clean Color Real Markers. After stamping the image onto watercolor paper, I was very pleased that shading was much easier because I was coloring a larger image. I added highlights with a yellow marker, and a few dots with a white gel pen.

A banner is one of my favorite embellishments. This banner and sentiment are from the Charmed set. I love the Pierced Feature Frames Oval dies from Papertrey Ink, they dress up a card so elegantly. I cut a few edges of the colored blossoms with my craft knife so they could hang outside the "box." I placed the oval on top of the watercolor paper and pulled the cut parts out over the frame.

I'm entering three challenges today, Laurie's Favorites, Time Out Challenges, and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.   


















Thank you so much for visiting! I wish you a happy day. 

Be yourself
     Delight in your craft 
        Make something beautiful!











Other PTI Supplies used:

Paper: Vintage Jadeite, Lemon Tart, Vintage Cream card stocks
INK: Soft Stone for no line watercolor






5 comments:

Lin said...

LOVE your pink flowers, Cindy, and the way you framed them in the oval frame with the pretty sentiment banner! Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Nonni said...

What a beautiful card. The no-line coloring gives this flower stamp a whole different look it normally has, love the soft feel of this and the soft pinks look amazing! Thanks for joining us at Time Out!

Kathy Mc said...

Such a gorgeous card, Cindy! Looks like you’ve mastered the Zigs and shading as those flowers look so realistic. Nice touch cutting some flower tips to rest on the oval frame!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, it's beautiful! You know I love the watercoloring and no line and just everything about it. Watercolor is definitely easier with a larger image. This is perfect, Cindy!

Shona Chambers said...

Your watercolouring skills are incredible and love the hints of yellow in your flowers. Love that the rest of the card is in a paler colour so those flowers really jump off the card. And the soft green makes for a beautiful background. So glad you shared this with us at TIME OUT!