Translate

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Fascinated with Fill In Blooms



During the Christmas holiday I would use spare minutes here and there exploring the wonderful possibilities of the Fill In Blooms stamps and dies. Kudos to Concord and 9th for creating stamps that are uniquely innovative and allow the user to create inked floral patterns. 

Fascinated, I spent time playing with different ideas and color combinations every chance I got. Finally it's time to complete a card, and here are two for you.

My first card uses Tomato Red ink for the background, with cantaloupe and greens added to the blooms. I added berries, a leaf cluster and the sentiment that were embossed in gold.



The background color for the Hello card was stamped with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Ink. 


Keeping the leaves a soft green, I popped in bold colors of red and blue for the flowers. I'm having trouble with my photos lately, but I have to say how bright and pretty these colors are in real life. This card measures 3.5" X 5".

Thanks for visiting today!

Be yourself
     Delight in your craft 
        Make something beautiful!


SaveSaveSaveSave

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

These cards are just beautiful, Cindy! You've been very creative with your colors and I love it! The blue really pops, and I love the Tomato Red with touches of gold. Fascinating!

Soozie4Him said...

I just found out that you're blogging again - HOORAY TO MY FAVORITE STAMPER OF ALL TIME! I just love what you've done with this stamp set!! I was going to say that the red "wishing you love and hugs" was my favorite until I saw the bottom one - jeepers - they're ALL gorgeous! I especially like the layout of the red one with that angled stitched/scalloped border die - who makes that and what's it called?? HUGS!!!

Cindy Beach said...

@Susan,
Hi friend! Thanks so much for your comment and I"m always happy to answer questions. The die on the red card is MFT's Die-Namics Stitched Scalloped Basic Edges Die that contains four different border shapes.