Greeting you on this fall-ish day with a warm hello! I began wanting to use the Dainty Daisies stamps and dies (Penny Black) for today's card and I envisioned a simple clean card on a white base. As you can see, that is NOT what happened! The Double D asks for vases or pitchers for their challenge and that is what changed everything!
Finally deciding upon the vase I brought in the papers from Golden Moments (PB) to cut it out and then continued with a rusty/gold subtle pattern for the card front. I would not give up on using a vase even though I really didn't have one. Call me stubborn - or let's say tenacious! Altenew's Elegant Tulips supplied the vase and sentiment.
I do really like the daisies and especially the pretty border stamps with this set. Also available from Penny Black is a lovely vase in the perfect style and proportions. Maybe I did need it, laughing now. I did need and enjoyed a good challenge.
Thanks so much, it's been good to see you today!
Be yourself
Have delight in your craft
Make something beautiful!
I will be entering the challenges at:
Double D - Vases or Pitchers
NBUS - first time using the Daisies
Four Seasons - Fall
A Cut Above
Penny Black Saturday Challenge

5 comments:
Beautiful card! Love the daisies, blue vase, and pattern behind the vase!
Lovely design, Cindy! Daisies are such a happy flower and this bouquet is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with the September Challenge at A Cut Above.
Vicki - ACA Owner
Cindy, those daisies are sitting pretty in their lovely blue goblet! The warm gold makes a rich contrast, and I love the border stamp. PB is still my favorite. Can you believe I'm almost caught up with all my not yet colored PB? Hooray! It's wonderful to see your card in our Double D gallery today. Thank you for playing along with us!
Your card is giving me a bit of an autumn feeling, because of the colours. Very nice!!
Lia DT DD
I love these daisies on the richly colored background and the contrast with the vase is gorgeous!
Post a Comment