Hi there, hope you are doing well! Are you enjoying happy summer days, even with the heat dome?
We are having the kind of sunny day that makes you wish you were at the beach. A perfect afternoon to make a beach-y kind of card.
I love collecting shells at the beach. Almost as much as I love collecting new stamps! When I saw that the Anchor of Hope stamps from Honeybee were retiring, I placed an order. It's a set filled with beautiful images and sentiments that are different from what I already have in my nautical stash.
I began with a pale blush card stock for the card front. I swiped a squiggly line of blue Lunar Paste (Clear Skies) and next to it I added Stickles, suggesting a wave on a shore.
The image was stamped on watercolor card stock, and colored with Distress Ink re-inkers, and metallic watercolors. Sorry, the photo just does not captures the shimmer and shine! I fussy cut the image, and kept it simple with a sentiment.
I was truly inspired to make this a clean and simple card for the Paper Players. Other challenges include Just Us Girls, and NBUS because the stamp is brand new to me. SSS Wednesday Challenge calls for Fabulous Florals.
I appreciate you spending time with me today! Hope it's been an encouragement to you.
Be yourself
Have delight in your craft
Make something beautiful!


So pretty, Cindy! I love this image, but the little line of ocean water just made me smile! Wish I could dip my toes in it! Thanks for playing with my challenge this week at the Players!
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty combination of shells and florals Cindy - shell collecting at the beach is a favourite past time of mine too. The water grounds your image perfectly. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!
ReplyDeleteThat is such a creative way to make the seashore, Cindy. The decorated shell is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.
ReplyDelete