Translate

Thursday, February 16, 2023

You're My Type for Color Hues #58

 Hello stamping friends, how are things going for you? It's time for our mid-month challenge at The Color Hues Color Challenge, are you ready? Our dear Tracey has selected Lime Green and Cyan for us, and the possibilities are endless! 

I know that I'm ready for a springy combo and this is it!


                                                       

I went with a clean and simple card for an upcoming anniversary. I've had the You're My Type stamps from Sugar Pea Designs for a long while. It makes an easy card with lots of sentiment options. The die cuts include lots of layers for a realistic effect. I popped in each of those black keys die cuts to the gray surface. 


For extra texture, I embossed with the new-to-me Sun Rays folder from Spellbinders, and cut the panel with a stitched rectangle. For the colors I used my fav hoarded SU! Cool Caribbean card stock and a sheet from an MFT paper pad. 

How will these colors inspire you? I sure can't wait to see! Thanks for your visit today, I've loved chatting with you. Please do come again, it makes me smile!

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  



13 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I do love these colors together and you KNOW how I love that darling typewriter! Cool Caribbean is one of my most frequently used colors. You put some wonderful details into this, such as fitting all the black keys, adding the string bow and those fabulous hearts. Love the embossed background, too. So cute!

Jeanne H said...

Love your card and those colors are great, especially the typewriter.

Julie B said...

Love this die cut, I can see how versatile it is. The colours work so well and the typewriter reminds me of one I had as a child! :)

Karen said...

I, too, have this die cut and plan to use it for a birthday card for my husband next month! Love your take on this rounds color hues!

Linda said...

This color combination makes a great card with the typewriter. So adorable, Cindy. Thanks for having me as GD at Color Hues.

Lisa Elton said...

This is super cute, Cindy!

Nancy said...

This is adorable, Cindy! I so love your creativity with our colors this time around. Love that typewriter and those hearts! The twine was a perfect choice!

Marcia Hill said...

This is such a cute, CUTE card Cindy!! That little typewriter is just ADORABLE and I'm in love with your embossed background...might need to go check that one out!! Loving all the hearts and little bow too...a perfect card for an anniversary! Hugs. :0)

Tracey McNeely said...

Cindy your typewriter is absolutely adorable and such a great anniversary card! Absolutely love the texture! You know making the rounds today the team has given me a bit of a shopping bug! lol

Glenda J said...

This is such a fun design! I love how you used the typewriter dies with the hearts. Absolutely love it.

Stef Perry said...

Cindy, your card is absolutely darling - love all the hearts scattered above the typewriter! I almost used my MFT typewriter die for this challenge and now you've inspired me to get it out and put it to use. What a sweet anniversary card!

JulieP said...

This just pops!!! I really love the addition of the patterns to the hearts and background texture.

Linda Callahan said...

Adorable - I miss clacking typewriters!