Translate

Monday, January 4, 2021

Inspired By for Hero Arts

 Aren't you glad we have ushered in the new year? 
I'm still in wintry mode with one of my favorite snowman images and a new-to-me background stamp from Hero Arts. Stamping the Starry Night Background, I created a night sky by sponging Distress Oxide inks in Broken China, Blueprint Sketch and Wilted Violet on top. 


I colored the snowman and filled in the sentiment with Copic markers.
You can see the layer of patterned paper behind the die cut frame in this close up. 



The paper has subtle stripes and an ombre effect that I love! I added splatters of white gouache and a die cut snowflake or two to the focal panel. This card makes me happy! I hope it makes you smile too.

I will be laying very low this month. Meaning: staying at home. Stamping every day! I really appreciate you spending some of your moments here. Thank you!

I'm playing with the Hero Arts Stay Crafty Challenge where I was inspired by Debi's card 

and 
NBUS, Darnell's spot where we showcase our never-been-used-stuff! Also, the Paper Players are asking for us to use something new as well. 


Be yourself

     Delight in your craft 

        Make something beautiful!








Supplies used:

Stamps: Hero Arts - Starry Night BG, Happy Mail. Avery Elle - Be Jolly stamp and die

Paper: Neenah Solar White, DSP - SU


Accessories: PTI - Scallop Stackers LG Die; snowflakes from Elizabeth Craft Designs


13 comments:

Darnell said...

You've created a fabulous CASE of Debi's card, Cindy! If the recipient doesn't smile upon opening this bright and festive cheery snowman card, the recipient is dead. There, I said it. And in the meantime, you've definitely put a huge smile on MY face! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Happy New Year Hugs, Darnell

Inkami said...

Gorgeous sponged background on this design, the blues, purple and teal make a perfect winter card!

Nancy said...

Your background behind that adorable snowman is fabulous! I also like those small snowflakes you have scattered about! This is really a happy card Cindy! Thanks for playing at The Paper Players and for the wonderful chat yesterday!

Leslie Miller said...

Snow much fun! You know I love it. Beautiful night sky and coloring. I noticed the subtle stripes and shading in the DP right away. Little things make a big difference. I may not be in my stamp room every day, but certainly as much as possible and loving every minute of it! Happy new year, Cindy!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh my this snowman is a sweet as can be! Lots of snow around here so I will be making more wintry cards as well!

Kim S said...

I love the cheerful look with the background you created and that die cut frame. The snowman is so happy - it's all perfect for a "smiles" card. Happy 2021!

TeresaC said...

Cindy, sending smiles back to you!! Love your cheery wintery cards!! Thank you for the warm fuzzies!!

Lisa Elton said...

He is super cute and your background is amazing! It looks like he's throwing his hands up cheering and welcoming 2021! Either that, or he's surrendered to the fact that we're in for more of the same LOL! I'm with you, laying low and snuggling in ;)

LeAnne said...

Oh boy, this little guy would make anybody smile! Such happy colors and a sweet image! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players for my "new" challenge!

Claire Broadwater said...

I just love that fabulous background you created for your adorable snowman! It is so bright and cheerful! Thanks for making me smile and joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love this dynamic card Cindy and it certainly did make me smile. I love the fabulous colours you used and all your fabulous details. My favourite detail? Your shading on the snowman - wonderful! Thanks for sharing 'Let's boogie, let's roll' with me; I can see that entering the family vocabulary too! Vicky x

Jaydee said...

Cindy, I love both cards. What wonderful blended backgrounds - they have so much movement and those snowmen are adorable. So glad you shared them with us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

laurie said...

These are super cute! Love the backgrounds and images,Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!