Translate

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Botanical Birthday with The Greetery

 Good morning! 

Just a quick post today! I had a special birthday card to finish and saw the great sketch at Freshly Made, so I am popping in to share it. Clean and simple works so well with the  Botanical Pine Boughs dies from The Greetery



I die cut them from watercolor paper. I've been using Aquarello Extra White Hot Pressed by Fabriano. I kept the die cut pieces in the paper and watercolored them using the 36 half pan set from Altenew. After they were dry I removed the pieces and assembled the boughs and pine cones. I can't get over how real they look this way from simply splashes of color.

Here's the great sketch. 


Thanks so much for your visit today! I will be back tomorrow and Saturday so I look forward to seeing you again.  

Be yourself

     Delight in your craft 

        Make something beautiful!



9 comments:

Kelly S said...

Fabulous Pine Bough...I love it!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow those pine cones are fabulous! This is such a pretty card! Your watercoloring looks terrific!

Cindy H. said...

This card is just so gorgeous! LOVE your coloring on the pine cones and branches! I need to try that technique :) Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Elton said...

Those pine cones! This is fabulous, Cindy!

Leslie Miller said...

I cannot believe the authenticity of those pine cones! What a beautiful card, Cindy!

Karen said...

The watercolor on the pine cones is fabulous! On my list to try soon! A lovely card.

Judy Rozema said...

Wow, those pinecones look so real! Beautiful work! Thank you for playing at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Nancy said...

Look at those Pinecones! WOW! This is so fabulous! Love the added bow too!

Karren said...

Beautiful card and those pinecones and needles look amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.