Translate

Friday, August 14, 2020

Glory to the Newborn King

 Hello there! With all my talk of loving summer themes, I bet you wondered when I'd break out the Christmas stamps. I just had to make my first Christmas card of the season today. 


I couldn't wait to use the Rosy Cosy Christmas DSP that just arrived in my mailbox. I just love the gorgeous patterns and colors of this double-sided paper pad.  It seemed a perfect fit for the sketch by Jen B at Freshly Made Sketches. She suggested that we could keep it simple or dress it up. I opted to use gold embossing and elements to add some sparkle! I snipped the small holly leaves directly from the paper to embellish and used foam behind the DSP panel for increased dimension. 


The inside is also completed, so this one is ready to go!

I will also post in Darnell's NBUS Challenge.

Thanks for coming by today!

Be yourself

     Delight in your craft 

        Make something beautiful!












Supplies used:

Stamps are from Neat & Tangled

Dies are from The Greetery


9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You've dressed it up beautifully Cindy, this is a marvelous card!!

Amy O said...

So pretty! I love this paper -- it's not exactly traditional, though it uses traditional colors. And that sentiment is fabulous!

Linda Callahan said...

Nothing like starting your holiday cards with a bang! Beautiful!

Jen Brum said...

Oh wow! This card is just gorgeous! That background paper is so beautiful and I just love that gold embossed sentiment! So perfect for Christmas! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Darnell said...

Gah! I defy anyone to open this post and not have their mouth drop open! That paper is spectacular and so perfect for the sketch. And your Christmas sediment panel, dressed in gold is divine, Cindy! Keep well and thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Kim S said...

Gorgeous! That paper is gorgeous and such a beautiful backdrop for the golden sentiment!

Karren said...

Beautiful card! That paper is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful background and gold sentiment! Thank you for playing at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Leslie Miller said...

How is it that I went on a 5 day camping trip, yet it took me 10 days to get around to blog visits? Sheesh! I didn't realize it had been so long. No matter... I'm here now to see your very first Christmas card of 2020! It's a beauty, Cindy! That paper... swoon! And the gold with it... sigh. So gorgeous!