Translate

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Skies are Blue

I just came down from the craft room to find Dr B coming in from the front yard - where it was raining, and proclaiming that in the back yard, it was sunny and dry! Now the skies are blue again. Just in time for my card! 



I am returning to my love of florals and the fun of the slim line shape for this card. Are you wondering what prompted me to pull this Look for the Rainbows (SSS) set from my stash? 

It was the theme at Time Out Challenges: Days Gone By. I wanted to use this quote that has been around a long time and I got to use the stamps that have been in my stash quite awhile too. It always feels good to find a reason to use what I have that's been neglected.

Coloring was done with Copics. I had the awful discovery that a couple of my Copic oranges were DRY. Just when I had decided to put myself on a spending freeze. Now the big decision, do I invest in a few reinkers or just buy a new marker? 

I am also playing at Just Us Girls who asked for a long and skinny card. To make mine, I used the Slim Diagonal Stitched Rectangle Dies from Pinkfresh Studio. They have a great lineup over on the JUGS challenge.

I added sparkle with a shimmer pen, a few gold sequins and a bit of clear nuvo drops on the flower centers. 

Thanks for hanging out with me today!

Be yourself

     Delight in your craft 

        Make something beautiful!




12 comments:

Donna said...

Super pretty card! Love the flowers and who can resist a quote like that. Hope all is well. Stay safe!

Nancy said...

Cindy this card is absolutely stunning! Your soft but yet bold enough coloring is fabulous! I am rather new to the Copic medium and haven't had them long enough to have to reink them, however buying new sounds way easier to me. LOL I am so glad you joined us at Just Us Girls.

Nancy said...

Cindy, Could you please email me at Wer4art@aol.com. I want to ask you a question. I have been trying to find your email and have had no luck. Thanks

sandie said...

oh this is lovely and what a great quote...isn't it from the Wizard of Oz? Well, anyway it is from 'days gone by'!! Your colouring is superb, the colours mix so well and making this a long and thin card is perfect. Thanks for joining Time Out x

Lisa Elton said...

Okay, the rain thing is too funny! And your card is simply charming. Love the sentiment!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely coloring! Looks fabulous on the slimline card :) - Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Such an uplifting beauty! I love your pretty flowers that are colored perfectly and your little bird. Fabulous sentiment, too. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card Cindy. Love your coloring on the flowers and that cute bird. The sentiment is perfect too. I haven't tried the slim line card technique yet but must give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how I love this song, the stamps, and everything about your beautiful card! Cool that they're making dies for slimline cards. I've been under a rock again, sheesh.

Leslie Miller said...

I forgot to comment about the Copics... I never buy a Copic marker without buying the reinker with it. Took a while to build up my collection that way, but I've spent a few years on it. I feel good about the security of having the reinker and not having to worry about a marker going dry, especially in the middle of a project.

Kim S said...

Beautiful flowers - and perfectly done on this slimline! I love the sentiment!!

Quillish said...

Such a beautiful slimline card with the pretty florals and an amazing quote for the Days gone by challenge! Thank you for joining us at Time out challenges. Hugs ~ Ishani