Translate

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Day 4 Clean and Simple

Nothing beats making a Clean and Simple card as inspired by Julie Ebersole. We got great tips and samples at today's Spring Card Camp class. I am so grateful for the timing of this class. I've really been in stay-at-home mode since January and I absolutely need something to help me be motivated. 

Here's my card for today, using the Unforgettable stamps and dies from WPlus9. I went looking through my stash for a line drawing so that I could color with my Polychromos pencils, and matching dies. These elephants have long been some of my favorite images. 



I kept the front very simple, with a strip of DSP and a die cut through to the inside of the card. I intentionally wanted to create the feeling that this guy was sort of just suspended there in space. That would be unforgettable! 

On the inside you get the rest of the picture and the sentiment. 


The key to a well-designed CAS card is having an image with enough details to make it interesting. I used Glossy Accents to add to the elephant and made sure it was a strong focal point for the card front.

The only other embellishments are a bit of shimmer and the twine bow. I am trying not to feel guilty about all this craft time, but grateful instead that I have this mental challenge to keep me engaged! 

But OH, I miss our children and grands. Seems like it's been SO LONG since we've had hugs. I've been doing lots of talking to myself lately. 

Thanks for your visit today, I sure appreciate you dropping by. 


Be yourself
     Delight in your craft 
        Make something beautiful!



7 comments:

Stacy said...

These little elephants are adorable! Great card!

Sue Ellen Sherer said...

Sweet card!

Leslie Miller said...

How cute! It's very handy to have the matching die for something like this. Now I'm wondering what I might have that would work, hmmm. Love the CAS look of this, and the ellies are adorable!

Trina P. said...

Aww... cuteness overload! Can’t go wrong with these adorable ellies.

Julie Ebersole said...

So clever๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

joyceglee said...

Your card made me smile! So adorable!

Linda Callahan said...

I loved Julie's idea and you took it ran with it! So cute! I am enjoying the class too but making nothing...lol...