Translate

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Cut Paper Background Scenes

Hello there! For Spring Cards Stamp Day 3 I was busy creating all afternoon. We used an abstract background stamp to create scenes and it was quite a challenge for me. 

My background stamp (SU retired) has wild animal stripes on it. Stamped on different colors of paper, can you see the possibilities? I cut it out and pieced layers for each card. 

An ocean voyage?  For a birthday card or just, thinking of you.



Spacious skies, fields of grain and rolling hills? 




Well you have to use your imagination. 



What I liked about these cards is that they are very colorful. What I didn't like? They were time consuming. But I am reminding myself that learning something new takes time, especially the process part of wondering what to use and how to make it work with what I have. 

The sense of accomplishment is nice. Sharing is fun! The best part is getting two cards for one technique and it really does get my brain thinking about how to make the next one. I know it will get easier. I also know that I could have cheated and used a die to create the same look, or nicer actually. But I wonder, what's the fun in that?

Thank you so much for visiting and listening to me think out loud. You are so kind! 

Be yourself
     Delight in your craft 
        Make something beautiful!


7 comments:

Colleen Begley said...

These turned out great! Nicely done, Cindy!

Megan said...

Love these!

Lisa Elton said...

They were worth the time and effort you put in Cindy, they look fantastic!

Leslie Miller said...

These are both really fantastic cards, Cindy! I see the background stripes and they do add extra dimension to the scene. This shows how a person can make a scene like this without dies and it comes out awesome. Love the little sun in the second card, too. Sometimes it's fun to simply play like this.

Daria G. said...

Such a great technique! Very unique cards!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful job with that technique! I found it hard to visualize when I looked at my backgrounds but you didn't!

Karen said...

Wow! These scenes are terrific and very eye catching.