Translate

Sunday, November 25, 2018

November 2018 Blog Hop with Papertrey Ink

It's been a busy few days but I'm popping in to play along with the blog hop today. I didn't have much time but I got in the craft room for just a bit today to make my card. 




I kept the style clean and crisp as that's what the inspiration photo suggested to me. I love the bold combo of lots of white with red and a touch of blue. 




I used the following products from PTI: 
 Bitty Big Patterned paper in Pure Poppy, Bold Borders Yuletide Die, Sending Joy Stamp Set, Pure Poppy Ink. 
The blue ink is Lakehouse from WPlus 9. I needed a clean blue with no hint of green so this was selected after trying a few other inks. 

The Yuletide die is perfect for an elegant look, but I loved using it this time in a different way. Instead of a frame, I used it under my panel extending over it on the right side, giving me more room for the focal point and sentiments. I added a couple white die cut holly leaves and a tiny red bow.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I'm happy to have another card ready for mailing and it took effort to avoid sequins or other bling so it is flat for the post office. Having just mailed a bunch of cards I am sure I need this to become my habit!

 Be yourself
     Delight in your craft 
        Make something beautiful!




17 comments:

Kathy said...

I really like this one! The red and blue you chose are perfect....also the greenery frame with off center panel.

SmilynStef said...

Your card just popped out of the gallery ... what a lovely combination of elements ... the greenery is perfection.

Vikki H said...

You have a knack for capturing the colors, feelings and joy of the season in your card! The texture with the framing is lovely.

Rosemary said...

Simply fabulous design!

Kathryn A said...

Love this card! I like how you’ve moved the bold borders frame off to the side. Very clever!

sentsue said...

Super pretty. Nice work.

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

This is just a fantastic take on the inspiration photo. Cheers.

Karen said...

Gorgeous card! I love the way you used the Yuletide Border die---just perfect!

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is beautiful, Cindy! I love the Bold Borders die over the red and white striped paper....so pretty!

Carmela said...

Beautiful card! Love the border die and your red and white colors.

Unknown said...

This made me smile. So pretty!

Susan Watanabe said...

You've masterfully transferred all the elements from the inspiration photo into a beautiful holiday card, Cindy! Simply magic! :)

Dana Kirby said...

This is just Gorgeous!! Thank you for the inspiration!!

Ivana Camdzic said...

Cindy, your card is STUNNING! I loooove all the details and layers you used here...I love the borders die and the stripes so much! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! You took that beautiful inspiration photo and turned it into an absolutely gorgeous card! It's both fun and pretty at the same time. Brilliant design, artfully crafted. You're so good, Cindy! I'm glad you found time to stamp!

Marcia Hill said...

Cindy your card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I wasn't thrilled with the blue in the inspiration photo, but you found the perfect shade and I just LOVE how it all fits together! Love how you put the Bold Borders die off center too! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

lainey said...

What a lovely, lovely card!