Translate

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Playing with the Color Wheel

Good morning! Hope your day is getting off to a good start. 

 I finished up my card last night for the Make It Monday Challenge, hosted by Lexi this time. She showed how she often chooses colors and wanted us to create a card using the colors of the color wheel. 

I loved her card and it was fun to figure out my own take on the theme. I didn't have the images in my PTI supplies that I thought were the right size, so, I used a die cut and transformed it with scissors and markers.





 I added a good coating of Wink of Stella to each blossom, used Nuvo drops in the center of each flower, and added a few drops in green. 
Why I absolutely LOVE doing challenges is this: I never would have come up with this card on my own. I've not really jumped on the bandwagon with rainbow colors in my cards, but this was such fun and I learned so much from making it. 
I hope you've enjoyed your visit, thanks for coming by today!

Be yourself
     Delight in your craft 
        Make something beautiful!












ETA: It's rainy today, wish the bright colors showed up better!

Supplies used:
Stamps: PTI - Penned Elegance
Paper: Neenah Solar White, SU - Basic Black
INK:Simon Says Stamp - Intense Black, Zig Clean Color Markers, Wink of Stella
Accessories: PTI - Tag Sale Quilted, and Cutaway Tags: Summer dies


6 comments:

lexi said...

such a pretty card!! i love how you used the die cuts and i'm so glad you had fun!! thanks for playing make it monday!

Tanya Boser said...

So much color and sparkle! Way to stretch your creativity Cindy :) Glad we are bumping into each other again on a more regular basis!

lainey said...

The Quilted die is one of my favorites and I like how you used it as the base for your pretty and colorful flowers.

Betty Wright said...

Love the sparkle and shine, Cindy!

Kathy Mc said...

Ohh, Cindy, Cutaway Tags Die was perfect for this technique! Love it with the black Tag Quilted backdrop. WOS really shows we’ll in your photo. I forgot I added some to my card and failed to include in the supply list. Oh well. Great take on the challenge, Cindy!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, pretty and colorful and really pops on the black! Cute tag die and very creative with your improvisations. You sure captured the Wink of Stella well in your photo. It looks very shimmery!