Translate

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Warm Winter Wishes for Make It Monday

There's nothing warm where I am right now. Like the northeastern US, we were blanketed with snow and cold temps this week. I'm nice and warm though in my flannel shirt with my cup of hot tea nearby. The cold is a good reason to stamp up a storm, and I've been doing that! Will have quite a few cards to post next week. 

Today's card is for the Make It Monday 2017 A la Carte which allows us to pick any challenge from the past year. 

I'm happy to play along and chose to make a watercolor wash background as shared by Laurie Schmidlin. 





I used Distress inks to watercolor the background for this winter birthday card using the In the Meadow stamp set. That was on my very first order from PTI and I just don't use it enough! I loved the sentiment and can't think of anything more appropriate for this card. I also blended inks on the tree and the sentiment tag, before embossing the greeting in gold. The two deer had sparkles added with WOS. 

I was inspired by this beautiful card sample of Laurie's. 



Thanks so very much for your visit! Hope your New Year is off to a good start, stay warm! 


Be yourself
     Delight in your craft 
        Make something beautiful!










Playing along with challenges at:
CAS Watercolor (Birthday)  
Seize the Birthday













SaveSave

13 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful watercolor wash sky for your pretty sponged tree and deer scene. Love your perfect sentiment for the birthday occasion. TFS and joining us at CAS Watercolour. Stay warm, Cindy..Hugs

Skrater said...

Love your card so much! I just can't get enough of watercolor and I hope it stays around a long time. You did a great job on your wash. Thanks for the inspiration!

paperkicks said...

Lovely winter scene on your card, Cindy! The watercolor background is perfect! Stay warm..... :-)

Loll said...

A gorgeous winter scene Cindy. That watercolour wash background is so beautiful and really sets off your tree, deer and snowhills. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Vikki H said...

Your soft colors are gorgeous! Very pretty winter card! Sorry about your cold weather. I spent a sunny day out in a sweatshirt cleaning up the yard.

Bonnie said...

What a pretty watercolor winter scene, Cindy! I love the way you've added color to the tree and your washed sky! The deer are delightful in the snowbanks! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous winter scene, love the little snow flakes and shadowing on the trees. thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour

Ina G said...

Gorgeous card Cindy. Love the scene you created with the blue sky and snowflakes and the touch of green on your tree. Fabulous card.

shirley-bee said...

What a lovely winter scene! Love that background! Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

Marcia Hill said...

I'm a little late, but beautiful, beautiful card Cindy! Your water color wash background came out so pretty and just perfect to build your scene on...LOVE it!! In The Meadow is still one of my all time favorite sets too and definitely need to use it more often! :0)

Leslie Miller said...

How beautiful your background is! I just love that smooshy look and anything nature-themed. The particular greens and blues you used are so pretty together.

Marlena M. said...

BEAUTIFUL and serene! love love love

Anke said...

Wonderful card, Cindy. Lovely scene and beautiful colours.